I wanted to blog a bit today, but as I sit here, staring into the face of WordPress, I’m lost. I always thought writer’s block involved a lack of desire to write. Today however, I want to write but am uncertain of what topic to lay before you. Could I tell a tale of my fine-jewelry job? Could I write of my woes? My hopes? My dreams? A fun link I found last week?
I’m so unsure.
And such is my life at the moment; uncertainty. I’ve always wanted this blog to represent my life. For the sake of modesty — and let’s be honest, a little mystery too — I’ve kept things from the public view here. That being said, I’ve always wanted to give you a flavor of me. Not the man. Not my Mama. Not my dogs. All 500,000 of them.
Uncertainty is my life at the moment. A recent email to a friend read, “Uncertainty abounds. I’m getting used to it”. A quick thought in my journal reads, “Everything in my life is up in the air at the moment; things that I was once so sure of have become major points of decision-making, discernment-exercising, contention-building issues within me. EVERYTHING”.
And such is this blog lately. Uncertainty.
With that in mind, here are things that I’d like to see more of in my life:
– Photography. I’m really itching to invest more time in my photog business. Behind the camera. On the interwebs. Everywhere.
– Crafting. Christmas was my crafting-peak, I’d like to get some of that back.
– Writing. I’ve been oozing with creative thought processes lately (‘cept today, apparently) and would like more time to write.
– Reading. Isn’t this everyone’s desire? For more time to read?
– Speculator. I would really like to see more NY in my life at the moment. (Which reminds me! I have photos from my last trip up to show you).
– Phone calls. I’m really bad at calling people, but I still want to keep in contact. I should get better at this.
Here are some things that I’ve been up to lately:
– Working. Designing for work, photog-ing for work, working for work.
– Driving. Driving to work. Home from work. To. From. To. From. To. From. Repeat.
– American Idol. Yep. I said it.
– Exercising. 30 Day Shred, anyone? Jillian Michaels is kicking my tail these days.
– Twittering. I’ve been hesitant to do this, but it could help with building my photog business. Right now, however, it just helps during the down-time at work. So I mostly twitter about jems and creepers. (And I’m completely aware that I’m using the word Twittering wrong. It’s my rebellious side coming out.)
– Reading through the Bible. I got into the habit of trying to read my reading plan’s week’s-worth in one sitting, now reading anything less than that makes me feel like a failure. Exercising has really cramped my reading-schedule though, so I’m taking what I can get these days.
– Planning. For a wedding shoot. For visits to NY and visitors in DE. For crafts. For ways to get more involved in friend’s lives. For potential job interviews.
As I write these lists, I’m realizing that they could each be their own blog post. Since I’ve already bored you with them once, though, I’ll probably refrain from boring you a second time. Which brings me back to my first point: I have no idea what to blog about.
And in closing, I’ve been snapping a few photos this week of the night sky. The skies down here in DE are some of my favorite things about this state. You may recognize this as the view from my front yard.