So I had that ridiculously long vacation a week ago and was planning on blogging a ton, but didn’t. Instead, I:
- Created my own pattern and sewed together a purse (it came out awful, but with some pattern-adjusting, round 2 should be excellent)
- Once again, came up with a pattern and made a skirt for Easter Sunday (this came out fantastic, but the fabric holds a wrinkle very well, so it’ll need to be ironed frequently)
- Made cupcakes for Easter Sunday dinner, complete with fondant icing (store-bought fondant is awful, I made mine from scratch, see below)
- Got my haircut by someone other than my mom
- Played a new favorite game with some of my new favorite people
- Slept in ’til 9 am every day (except for Easter Sunday, I was up at 5)
Then, I went back to work and immediately got sick. Figures. Since then, I’ve had a friend in town and I’ve had to prepare for and execute a retreat weekend for mothers and daughters.
This is why this blog has been neglected. I will neither apologize or recognize fault for said neglect. It’s my blog, I make the rules.