Ok so I never participate in these things, but I thought it was fun, so I’ll give it a shot. I won’t be tagging anyone else, though. All my friends have already been tagged.
1) Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper. I try and design my own. Nerdy, I know.
2) Real tree or artificial? Real.
3) When do you put up your tree? My roommate LOVES Christmas and her birthday is on the third of December. We get our tree every year on her birthday.
4) When do you take the tree down? Last year, it was March. Yes, March. I didn’t help pay for the tree, so I wasn’t aloud to request it come down. Like I said, my roommate love Christmas, so the tree stays up until it’s a fire hazard. Even then, it stays.
5) Do you like eggnog? Gross! I have this rule about raw eggs….. I can’t eat cookie dough for the same reason.
6) Favorite gift received as a child? Oh dear, I was spoiled. The most memorable, would probably the year I received my electric guitar. I don’t play it anymore, so I don’t know if that can allow it to be my favorite.
7) Do you have a Nativity scene? Yeah, somewhere….. where is that thing?
8) The hardest person to buy for? My brother, then my dad. They both shrug when you ask them what they want.
9) The easiest person to buy for? Everyone else. Giving gifts are my favorite, so I’m super-observant this time of year.
10) The worst Christmas gift you ever received? Oh dear, my mother reads this so I probably shouldn’t answer or even think of it, just in case it was her gift.
11) Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Always snail mail. Remember my plea for care packages?
12) Favorite Christmas movie? “This is Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?” “I wanna make shoes…”
13) When do you start shopping for Christmas? Um….it’s always different. I’m unpredictable.
14) Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Duh. I’m poor and single. Recipe for re-gifts.
15) Favorite things to eat at Christmas? Um…Apple pie, I think.
16) Clear lights or colored on the tree? White lights are the greatest ever. I could probably write a dissertation on why they’re so awesome,but I’ll spare you for now.
17) Favorite Christmas song? O Come, O Come, Emmanuel. I listen to it year-round.
18) Travel at Christmas or stay home? I travel home.
19) Can you name all Santa’s reindeer? Nope, Santa isn’t real.
20) Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel in Delaware, Star in New York. The angel is an heirloom, the star was a dollar.
21) Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, I always try and convince my parents to do it Christmas Eve, but they never sway.
22) Most annoying thing about this time of year? All the Santa Clause songs. They’re poorly written, and he doesn’t exist. Bah, Humbug!
23) What is the “corniest” family tradition you do or miss doing? The Christmas Pickle. Anyone else?
24) Ugliest Christmas decorations ever invented? Blow-up Santa. It’s just as bad as the blow-up Easter bunny.
25) Which looks the best…theme trees or homey trees? Home-esque “Homey” is the name of a character in a really bad tv show from the early 90’s.
26) What does Christmas mean to you? “Jesus, Jesus, how I love thee, how I’ve proved you ore, and ore.” (Lisa are those the right words?)